July 2013 Entries

User Profile Web Service error when accessing from InfoPath Forms Services

In the last couple of weeks, we had to move a custom application from one SharePoint 2010 farm to another. We tested our migration method by moving it to a test farm first, which highlighted a few things that we needed to change, but it was otherwise successful. However, when we moved it to the new production farm, we ran into an error that we hadn’t seen in test. It occurred when we opened an InfoPath form that was calling the User Profile web service. The error presented to the user was a dialog ......